Wednesday, March 26, 2014

"Always Careful from Made Believe" by Hebru Brantley


I chose this picture because I thought it was very interesting the way the artist put several faces into one larger face. My first look at it I thought it was pretty creepy looking as the images of the faces looked pretty distorted. I thought it was very creative the way he incorporated the features of the different faces to make the image. Hebru Brantley draws influence from an array of pop culture icons, comic book heroes and Japanese Anime. Hebru Brantley first started painted into 1981. I think the title "Always Careful from Made Believe" represents the made up images, thoughts and dreams many of us know of or have had before. 
TITLE: Always Careful from Made Believe
ARTIST: Hebru Brantley (American, b.1981)
WORK DATE: 2014
CATEGORY: Mixed Media
MATERIALS: Mixed media on canvas
MARKINGS: Signed by the artist. This piece is original
SIZE: h: 62 x w: 60 in / h: 157.5 x w: 152.4 cm
STYLE: Contemporary
PRICE*: Contact Gallery for Price
GALLERY: Guy Hepner  + 1 310-979-0011  Send Email
ONLINE CATALOGUE(S): Guy Hepner Inventory Catalogue

No comments:

Post a Comment