Wednesday, March 5, 2014

"The End" By: Erin Goode


For my project I drew and painted a healthy lung. Then for the transformation I showed a lung that has damage due to smoking cigarettes. I used coffee on the background as well as inside the lung in order to get a darker color and to help the tobacco stick to the lung. I used the ash from an actual cigarette to place inside of the lung. I burned the edges of the paper to show the effect that the cigarette smoke is having on the lung. I also placed the cigarette at the top of the lung. I chose to do this as my project because showing the transformation of a healthy lung to one that has been damaged by smoking has the ability to hit the audience and evoke emotion. I chose to call this "The End" because it shows if this person continues smoking they have the ability to end their own life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment