Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Luminosity

This is Luminosity by Nazar Yahya, I chose this piece at first glance because the fire among the rest of the image makes the whole piece really come to life.  Upon a little research I found out that Nazar Yahya is from Iraq and uses his artwork to express his feelings of his life.  I really like the use of the flame in this piece though, to me it seems like the subject pictured has seen something awful and is trying to hide from it, its definitely a very deep piece, I would think this piece would be socially or politically driven for sure.

TITLE: Luminosity
ARTIST: Nazar Yahya (Iraqi, b.1963)
WORK DATE: 2011
CATEGORY: Prints and Multiples
MATERIALS: Giclee print on fine art paper
EDITION/SET OF: 2/3
SIZE: h: 40 x w: 29.5 in / h: 101.6 x w: 74.9 cm
STYLE: Contemporary
PRICE*: Contact Gallery for Price
GALLERY: Wade Wilson Art  +1-713-521-2977  Send Email
ONLINE CATALOGUE(S): Wade Wilson Art Inventory

No comments:

Post a Comment