Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Pictures of Diamonds: New York at Night, After Berenice Abbott



I chose the piece Pictures of Diamonds: New York at Night, After Berenice Abbott by Vik Muniz.  I picked this piece because I think it is really cool that it is made out of diamonds and because I appreciate how difficult it is to create.  I like the idea of using diamonds to depict light against a dark background.  The way he captured the perspective is also impressive.  I like how the piece appears to be abstract at first until it is realized that it is buildings in New York City.

TITLE:  Pictures of Diamonds: New York at Night, After Berenice Abbott
ARTIST:  Vik Muniz (Brazilian, b.1961)
WORK DATE:  2004
CATEGORY:  Photographs
MATERIALS:  C-print
EDITION/SET OF:  10
MARKINGS:  Signed, titled, and numbered on an artist’s label adhered to the reverse
SIZE:  h: 40 x w: 30 in / h: 101.6 x w: 76.2 cm
STYLE:  Contemporary
PRICE*:  Contact Gallery for Price
GALLERY:  Lisa Jacobs Fine Art  +1-917-825-0131  Send Email
DESCRIPTION:  Printed under the direct supervision of the Artist.
ONLINE CATALOGUE(S):  Lisa Jacobs Fine Art Inventory


No comments:

Post a Comment