Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pont de la Tournelle, after Stanislas Lépine (Pictures of Magazine 2)


I chose the piece Pont de la Tournelle, after Stanislas Lépine (Pictures of Magazine 2) by Vik Muniz.  I like this piece because when I first looked at the image I thought it looked like a painting done in the post-impressionist style with big brushstrokes.  Upon looking at the image more closely, I noticed it was actually made out of pieces of magazine paper.  Muniz did a good job depicting the water, especially the reflections.  I also like how random the images are that he uses in the piece.

TITLE:  Pont de la Tournelle, after Stanislas Lépine (Pictures of Magazine 2)
ARTIST Vik Muniz (Brazilian, b.1961)
WORK DATE:  2012
CATEGORY Photographs
MATERIALS Digital C-print
SIZE h: 180.3 x w: 260.8 in / h: 458 x w: 662.4 cm
STYLE Contemporary
PRICE*:  Contact Gallery for Price
GALLERY Galerie Xippas  +33 1 40 27 05 55  Send Email
ONLINE CATALOGUE(S): Galerie Xippas Inventory Catalogue

No comments:

Post a Comment