Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Purgatory

This piece is purgatory by Bert Long, I could not find much on this piece other than the information provided on art net, but I chose it simply because I liked the style it was done in.  That meaning, I like the mixed media in this piece for example the center piece is Acrylic on canvas and the rest of it is objects placed around the painting.  I also like the use of the signs "Hell Open" and the wings on the side must relate to it somehow.  It sort of seems like angel wings, but overall I like how this piece makes the viewer have to take in so many different things and try to put them together as one.


TITLE: 
Purgatory
ARTIST: Bert Long
WORK DATE: 2012
CATEGORY: Mixed Media
MATERIALS: Acrylic on canvas with painted wood, neon signs, branch, and birds feet
SIZE: h: 47 x w: 31 x d: 9.5 in / h: 119.4 x w: 78.7 x d: 24.1 cm
STYLE: Contemporary
PRICE*: Contact Gallery for Price
GALLERY: Deborah Colton Gallery  +1-713-869-5151  Send Email
ONLINE CATALOGUE(S): Deborah Colton Gallery Inventory Catalogue
Bert L. Long, Jr.: Bert: Back and Beyond  Feb 1 - Mar 8, 2014
 

No comments:

Post a Comment